Ok guys, this post is going to be a bit wordy, and not many photos, so I apologize for that in advance! Today I am stealing a page from the book of my dear friend Debbie at The Crumpet and posting my Blog Bucket list for next year. I am hoping that this will do the same things for me as it did for her this past year, which is give me direction and help me focus on specific things to improve. Also, I would love for you guys to leave me comments of anything you would like to see more of, new things you'd like to see, and things you want to see me do better. So please, give me your feedback!
Here is my personal list:
- Use all of my untrieds - I have too many polishes that I haven't used, and yet I keep acquiring more! I'm determined to whittle this number down this year... ideally to zero!
- Improve my freehand nail art - This is a tough one for me, I just don't seem to have a steady enough hand or get the shapes right... I plan on attempting more freehand designs, because I will never get better at them if I don't try. (Sorry in advance if you have to look at my craptastic attempts in the process!)
- Improve the lighting for my photos - I've got a new light tent here in Sweden now, but I'm not to happy with the actual lights yet. I will figure out how to get the most color accurate photos possible for you guys!
- Try nail art techniques that have been on my to-do list forever - Braided, Splatter, Ruffles... I see all these cute techniques and always tell myself I will try them out, then I forget. I will be more organized with my ideas and make lists for myself so I remember to try all these fun things!
- Use my Instagram - I've got an account that I barely use and I have just added that info to the right sidebar of my blog. I'll post more there so follow me if you'd like! :)
- Make a tutorial - I've had people ask me for marbling tutorials, and I always refer them to My Simple Little Pleasures because, well, she's the best! But I'd like to make some attempt at tutorials this year.
- Get a logo for the blog - Either make one myself or have someone help me design one.. I'd like to have a more professional looking logo because all I have right now is the simple one I made when I first started.
- Complete the New31DC without any halfassedness! - I am starting this in January and I was trying to get some posts done ahead of time... for the color days I just had swatches. Then I thought to myself, would my favorite blogs do it this way? NO! So I will do this challenge and be awesome about it!
- Break 2000 followers - To be honest I am so amazed that I have over 1000 followers now, I never expected to have my blog be read by so many people. But just like everyone else who blogs, I want more! I want to share my love of nail polish with everyone!
- Become a go-to swatcher for a company or brand - Hopefully this will go hand in hand with improving my photography, then people will want me to take awesome macros of all their polishes!
So, what else do you guys want to see from me in 2013??